The Church of San Nicolò dei Mendicoli is located in a solitary area, at the edge of the city.
With its thirteenth-century bell tower, it is one of the oldest and popular church in Venice and still nowadays, it keeps its original look.
Rebuilt between the 12th and 14th century, of the original building it kept the structure with three naves, the central apse and the columns’ capital.
Under the portico the poor people were begging and the penitents praying.
The ‘500 pipe organ and some paintings of the Veronese’s school are still preserved in the church.
Address: Campo S. Nicolò dei Mendicoli, 1907, Dorsoduro cap 30123 – Venezia
Opening times: every day10.00- 12.00 and 16.00-18.00
Contacts: +39 041 2750382
How to get there:Ferry boat stop "San Basilio" or "Santa Marta"
Booking and info:
Phone: +39 0412702464