In the city center, at the end of the “Mercerie” street, the church of San Salvador is according to the tradition one of the three oldest churches in Venice. Rebuilt at the beginning of ‘500, it overlooks the namesake square with its white Baroque façade rebuilt on 1663 by Giuseppe Sardi and decorated with sculptures
Its interior, with a three naves plan, represents one of the best example of Renaissance architecture in Venice. Among the works, in the right nave a monument of the Doge Francesco Venier by Sansovino (1561) and l'Annunciazione by Tiziano (1566); above the main altar the Trasfigurazione by Tiziano (1560) covers a precious silver altarpiece of the 12th century.
Address: Campo S. Salvador, S. Marco, 4835, 30124 Venezia
Opening times: da lunedì a sabato 9.00-12.00, 15.00-19.00
Price: free entrance
How to get there: Ferry boat stop "Rialto"