The lavish external façade of San Stae (Sant’Eustachio) build in rococo style, faces the Grand Canal, and was designed by Domenico Rossi in 1709, characterized by its rich decoration thanks to the contribution from the architect Giovanni Grassi and sculptors such as Piazzetta and Tiepolo.
Its interior is one nave plan and three open to the side chapels; on the center a big gravestone showing the tomb of the Mocenigo family. Next to the church the school of the confraternity of tiraoro and battioro; the chapel, decorated by Antonio Balestra.On the presbytery’s side there are twelve paintingsdedicated to the Apostles, including “The Martyrdom of St. Bartholomew" by the young Giambattista Tiepolo (1722), “The Martyrdom of Saint Giacomo" by Giambattista Piazzetta (1717), and "The Liberation of Saint Pietro" by Sebastiano Ricci (1717-24).
Address: Campo di San Stae, 1981 S. Croce cap 30135 - Venezia
Opening time: from Monday to Saturday, from 13.45 to 16.30
(last entrance and closing time of the ticket office and of the bookshop at 16.20)
(Opening time at 13.00)
Full Price: € 3.00
Student price (up to 29 years old, provided with ID): €1,50
· Residents of the municipality of Venice (provided with a valid ID)
· Children up to 11 years old
· Religiou people
· People with disabilites and their carer
· Journalists with Chorus credit (released by the Direction)
· ICOM and ICOMOS associates
· Authorized guides
· In-service offial of MIBAC
· Student and researchers authorized by the Direction
· For groups, one free entrance every 15 participants.
Tickets are on Sale in Venice at the church.
How to get there: Ferry boat stop "S. Stae"