This ancient church takes the name from the Jubanico family, that founded the church in the 9th century dedicating it to the Maria del Giglio. Amazing is the Baroque façade by Sardi. In its interior, works by Tintoretto and a Holy Family by Rubens, the only Flemish painting in Venice.
It was rebuilt in the second half of the 17th century as a memorial for the Barbaro family, represented with portrait statues of the four brothers and in the façade decorations’ relief.
Address: Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, 2542 San Marco cap 30124 - VENEZIA
Opening times:Monday-Saturday 10,30 -16,00
(last entrance at15,45)
Full Price: € 3.00
Student price (up to 29 years old, provided with ID): €1,50
· Residents of the municipality of Venice (provided with a valid ID)
· Children up to 11 years old
· Religiou people
· People with disabilites and their carer
· Journalists with Chorus credit (released by the Direction)
· ICOM and ICOMOS associates
· Authorized guides
· In-service offial of MIBAC
· Student and researchers authorized by the Direction
· For groups, one free entrance every 15 participants.
Tickets are on Sale in Venice at the church.
Telefon: 0415230625 - 041-2750462
How to get there: ferry boat stop "Santa Maria del Giglio"