Built by the Augustinian Hermits in the 13th century, the church lays at the far end of the namesake square; it was completely rebuilt a century later with decorations and structure typical of the Venetian Flamboyant Gothic architectures. The magnificent marble gate decoration is by Bartolomeo Bon (1442).


Its broad interior, with three naves on columns holding up the Gothic ceiling like the hull of a ship and many funeral monuments. In the sacristy there are some precious Renaissance works, such as three big canvas by Tintoretto (The last supper, The Foot washing, and Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, a Crucifix by Paolo Veneziano; il Polittico by Bartolomeo Vivarini and the Holy Family by Palma il Vecchio.
In a lateral chapel you can find the Stele funebre al Senatore Giovanni Falier (1808), by Antonio Canova.


Useful information:
Address: San Marco 2774 Campo Santo Stefano, cap 30124 - Venezia

Opening times: from Monday to Saturday: 10.00-17.00 (tiicket office closes at 16.45) 
Sunday, Santo Stefano Museum 12.00-17.30

Closed on:
1st January
Eastern day
15th August
Christmas day

Partial closure: 
(Opening time at 13.00)
6th January
1st November
8th December

Full Price: € 3.00
Student price (up to 29 years old, provided with ID): €1,50 
Free entrance:
· Residents of the municipality of Venice (provided with a valid ID)
· Children up to 11 years old
· Religiou people
· People with disabilites and their carer
· Journalists with Chorus credit (released by the Direction)
· ICOM and ICOMOS associates
· Authorized guides
· In-service offial of MIBAC 
· Student and researchers authorized by the Direction
· For groups, one free entrance every 15 participants.

Tickets are on Sale in Venice at the church.

Telefon: 0415230625 - 041-2750462
E-Mail: info@chorusvenezia.org  
Web: www.chorusvenezia.org  

How to get there: ferry boat stops "Accademia", "Sant'Angelo" or "San Samuele"

Share on Facebook